Dishwasher or Dishwashing Detergent... I wish someone had told me!


We all have those memories of those not so funny embarrassing moments that could have been prevented if only someone had told you...  Let's share a few laughs while also sharing something that you wish someone had told you regarding a washer, dryer, refrigerator, or dishwasher.  Those little lessons.  

Me first!  I was helping an elderly friend clean her house.  She had not washed dishes in a long time.  So, with a helpful heart, I filled her dishwasher to full capacity but discovered no dishwasher detergent.  The only thing I found was Dawn.  I was young and had no idea there was a huge difference between dishwashing and dishwasher detergent.  Figuring Dawn would work, I filled the detergent holder to max, shut the door, and pressed start.  

I then turned around to hand wash the remaining dishes.  She had a window over the sink and a beautiful view. So as I washed the remaining pots, pans, and dishes, I looked out the window.  Before long I had filled up the dish drainer with clean dishes. I turned to get a towel to dry and put those away.  Only a few minutes had passed with the dishwasher quietly doing its part.  However, unnoticed to me during that time, the room had partially filled to about 3 feet high with bubbles with more continued to come out of the dishwasher!  I freaked out! I grabbed a dustpan and quickly started scooping suds into the sink, but they were not washing down fast enough. Before the long the sink was full of bubbles and all the while more bubbles were coming out of the dishwasher in a steady stream.  

A friend who was helping me in another room with a carpenter repair had heard the commotion in the kitchen and came around the corner.  He froze.  I give him credit, he did not laugh as he looked at all those bubbles or me freaking out. Instead, without a word, he slowly tiptoed over to the dishwasher and with 1 finger, slowly cut it off and walked slowly back out of the room.  I was so upset about the bubbles I had not even thought of cutting off the dishwasher.  I was teased about that for years.  To this day, I laugh when I think about it.  I am still laughing about it as I write this.  I wish anyone would have told me there is a huge difference between dishwasher and dishwashing detergent.  

Please share a life lesson regarding an appliance you found out in an amusing way.  I can't wait to hear about it!  



CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE DISHWASHERS!


Join our email savings club to get advance 
alerts about upcoming events and sales.

Don't forget to follow us on FACEBOOK





Written by Jeff Lynch Employee, Tammy Harden 
Cartoon images from https://clipart-library.com






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet the Owner

Casual Furniture Market trends

4 tips to keep your dishwasher in good working order